Introductions, Welcomes, Salutes...

Everything else.
Hugin
Site Admin

Hi there,

any forum will need an introduction thread for new users, so I hope it's okay for you that I start this one on the night of the return of CIRITH UNGOL.

So a quick introduction: I'm 41 years old, hailing from nearby Ulm in Swabia, Southern Germany, calling Cirith Ungol my favourite band ever since I first heard from the band in 1991, and words cannot describe how happy I've been ever since having met Tim and Rob at KIT XIX and having received the news that the beast might, will and finally has been back... The rerelease of "Paradise Lost" is simply amazing!

While actually having my F&F2-ticket here on my pinwall, but sadly not having had the guts to fly over to California to watch the show tonight, because of some strange feelings concerning aeroplanes, I will simply take the opportunity to say hello and start this thread in your new forum on this magic night.

I really hope everything did work out as fine as you might have dreamt of and wished for. I surely kept my fingers crossed all night and now it's around 2 AM and I need to go off to bed.

Now I'm really looking forward to meet you again at "Keep It True XX" in Königshofen. The ticket is here at my side, and this time I won't need an aeroplane. So count me in, as part of the legion.

Good luck with this forum, and foremost with the band and this amazing comeback!

All the best,

Rüdiger a.k.a. Hugin the Raven.

:)
Dani
Site Admin

Welcome to the board Rüdiger :-)

My name is Dani and I'm in my thirties. I was born and raised in Norway. I have been passioned about music my whole life, and have always been a bit of a collector too. Have never liked Spotify. I have been fan of several bands upon the years, including Michael Jackson and The KLF. But my first favourite rock band was Nirvana, before Kurt died, and I still own a good collection of CDs, vinyls, boots, etc by them. Then followed a brief period with Pantera, but they never really made it to my heart. Then followed Helloween, Iron Maiden and all the other obvious metal bands. I later become interested in the more unknown, preferably 80s bands. I discovered Cirith Ungol by an accident, I had downloaded a folder from a LAN party. The folder was filled with rare and obscure metal bands in MP3 format. Particular one of the songs catched my attention. There was a odd song sung by a strange sounding Dirkschneider (Accept) type of vocalist. Melodic and majestic guitar melody, still a quite outlandish song compared to anythig I had heard before. The song was called War Eternal and the strange band name was Cirith Ungol. Some time later I got hold on a well used copy of King of the Dead from a record fair. The quite worn vinyl had a few crackling sound, but that just added to the charm. I love all the albums, but King and One Foot are my two favourites.

I have been running several Cirith Ungol fanpages, including the first ever CU Facebook group since May 2007 (later declared official by Perry Grayson), a Twitter (automatically updated) and Google+ page (currently not really maintained), The Cirith Ungol Webpit since 2010 and more recently Cirith Ungol Online. So yes I am a bit of a geek. I still see this website including the forum as beta versions as I am not 100% satisfied. Hope I soon get time to finish it up and promote it more so we will have an active forum for all Ungolians. Yes I know Facebook has killed the forum popularity a long way, but I still think forum is a superior software for discussions rather than just a FB group.

I have unfortunately yet not promoted neither this website nor the forum much yet as I still feel there is a bit more work to be done on it.